I am convinced that having a clear vision for the future brings: energy, clarity, and companionship to life. I’ve been “practicing” living with a clear vision of my future for over five years now. It’s been more exciting and energizing than I ever imagined having a clear vision for my future could be.
These are the five things I’ve found true in my own life as a result of having a clear vision.
- Having a clear vision for the future brings focus and purpose into everyday life. It’s an antidote to the “quotidian” (the “dailyness of life”). With a clear vision for my future I know how to invest my time, (even a free 15 minutes) into developing knowledge, relationships etc. that support my vision.
- Having a clear vision for the future makes decision making easier. Decision by definition require action and often times mean we choose one action over another. With a clear vision for my future I find that decision making is easer. I know where I am headed and who and what I want to be, and have in my life, thus I am able to choose with my future in mind. I can ask myself does this person, opportunity etc. support the vision I have for my future or does it “misdirect” me? Sometimes the “good enough” is the enemy of what is “best”. Having a clear vision really helps me discern the “good” from the “best”.
- Having a clear vision for the future brings quality relationships. Since I know who and what I want to be, I know who I need to be cultivating meaningful relationships with now. I have found as a result of having a clear vision for my future it is easier to approach and build relationships with people. A vision for my future gives me the courage to approach people AND those people are eager to engage and support me because I have a vision and know where I am headed. People are eager to partner with someone with a clear vision!
- Having a clear vision for the future helps me to enjoy the present. A few years ago I found myself feeling like I needed to “do everything and be everything” right now. It’s sort of a crazy-making sort of feeling. As I worked on developing a clear vision for my future, a surprise benefit was it released me to understand that I don’t have to be everything and do everything right now. It freed me to enjoy the present and enjoy the journey, knowing that I have a plan and a path to being and achieving the things that are important to me.
- Having a clear vision for the future fights stagnation. It’s easy to start to feel that “this is it”. As I’ve developed my vision and used Strategic Futuring as a tool. I’ve come to understand that “how it is now is not how it is going to be”. . . we are always changing and growing and sometimes the process is so subtle that it is hard to identify. With the clear vision I have for my future I know that I’m not stuck and when I start to feel that way I just review my vision and start making decisions, seeking knowledge and building relationships that support my vision. As I do this, the energy and excitement from being on the path to my vision are renewed!
Living with a clear vision is living with INTENTION and STRATEGICALLY.
Living with a clear vision gives ENERGY and EXCITEMENT.
❧ Do you have a clear vision for your future?
❧ Do you know how to find a clear vision for your future? (I think Strategic Futuring is the best tool out there. If you want to know more, please contact me!)